Alle Zeeuwse vacaturesStages
Meer dan 32 uur
De Willem Ruysstraat 99
4381 NK Vlissingen
Mevr. Lizzy Visser
+31 (0)118 48 25 20
ENGINEER ILS (PROJECT BASED)
Damen Naval - Damen Naval, De Willem Ruysstraat 99, Vlissingen
Einddatum: zondag 12 juni 2022
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. You could join our team – over 500-strong – of professionals in our location in Schiedam or Vlissingen. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is renowned internationally for its on-time, on budget delivery of high-quality naval vessels, as well as its role of full-service provider, or integrator, throughout the lifecycle of its products. The division has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants. Today, Damen Naval operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world. Damen Naval is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimising the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Engineer (Project Based), you are work on for projects related to services for naval ships. You will be working on projects related to spare parts, in warranty or out of warranty, providing services during the whole life cycle of vessels. The usual service packages that must be delivered normally include technical documentation, maintenance plans for equipment and trainings. To do this, you will work together with the ILS team to prepare ILS documentation.
As Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Engineer (Project Based) you work on a broad variety of tasks in the field of ILS. You will work in multifunctional teams to develop and deliver the ILS products, on time, within budget and within quality standards. As Engineer ILS you deliver contractual agreed ILS packages and increases customer satisfaction. You will also contribute to the further development of the strategic ILS (technology) roadmap.
As Engineer ILS (Project Based) you will:
- Preparing ILS training material for technical equipment and naval products.
- Preparing budgetary offers and estimations of projects costs.
- Performing ILS analysis such as ISP, ATM and PMS.
- Work on ILS products include purchase support, maintenance/LSA including ARM and LCC calculations, supply support, documentation, training and transfer of technology.
- Studying the technical regulations and technical drawings that apply in each project.
- Studying and reporting the reliability and maintainability of naval equipment.
- Cooperate with the technical department and report to the Project Manger ILS.
- Support and pro-actively coach the more junior Engineers.
- Deliver ILS products and services within time, budget and according to the relevant quality standards.
- Assist in drafting and reviewing (part of) ILS proposals and in the further improvement and development of ILS products, processes, and methodologies.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate has experience in the naval or shipbuilding industry and has a solid technical knowledge regarding vessel’s equipment. In addition as Engineer ILS (Project Based) you need to have:
- Bachelor or Master degree in the field of marine engineering or similar.
- Minimum of two years of experience in development and execution of ILS packages within a technical and/or MoD environment or alternatively a minimum of two years of experience in maintenance in an engineering environment.
- Experience in working in multifunctional and multicultural teams and environments.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language (written and verbal) and additional languages like Spanish and German are an advantage.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of our projects).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa is required to be considered as a viable candidate.
WHAT WE OFFER
As Damen Naval we highly value all our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package & other benefits.
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Engineer ILS (Project Based) and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please apply directly via the Damen career portal or through the apply now button.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the working at Damen Naval webpage or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.