Alle Zeeuwse vacaturesStages
Meer dan 32 uur
De Willem Ruysstraat 99
4381 NK Vlissingen
Mevr. Lizzy Visser
+31 (0)118 48 25 20
SENIOR ENGINEER ELECTRICAL & AUTOMATION
Damen Naval - Damen Naval, De Willem Ruysstraat 99, Vlissingen
Einddatum: zondag 11 september 2022
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Senior Engineer Electrical & Automation you will work on a broad variety of tasks in the field of Electrical and Automation Engineering. You will be involved from the very first (proposal) phase in the project to perform design proposals and calculations. During the execution of the project, you will work in a team of several engineers to deliver the requested engineering documents and will implement deep technical and practical knowledge into solid and innovative designs. Senior Engineer Electrical & Automation you will report mostly to a Team Leader, or occasionally directly to the Project Manager or Line Manager in case of smaller projects.
As Senior Engineer Electrical & Automation you will:
- Contribute to the engineering process by developing the required deliverables, such as specification documents, functional descriptions, schematic drawings, and test/validation plans.
- Perform the required technical calculations to prove the design.
- Participate in design checks and reviews to guarantee the required quality.
- Compose technical/functional specification documents.
- Verify technical performance of vendors and subcontractors.
- Performing cost analysis on received offers, in close cooperation with the Purchase department.
- Managing vendors and subcontractors to get their timely contribution to the project.
- Offer support for producing and submitting proposals to our customers.
- Offer technical support or commissioning activities to projects under contract.
- Ensuring full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by class and customer.
- Contributing to the further development of the E&A Engineering department.
- Helping to develop and describe standards and working methods.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
As Senior Engineer Electrical & Automation you will need to have:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Technical Automation, or another relevant technical discipline.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the design and installation of complex Electrical & Automation systems.
- Vast experience and broad knowledge of electrical installations and automation systems, preferably in ships, offshore or industrial installations.
- Experience in the design of (high voltage) Power Distribution systems.
- Experience in the functional development of Control & Monitoring systems.
- Knowledge about EMC regulations and compliancy precautions and used to work on Class-regulated products.
- Experience in Good Engineering Practices, including quality and budget awareness.
- Experience in complex project environments and managing third-party vendors and subcontractors.
- Excellent command of Dutch and English language (written and verbal) is essential and German language skills are preferred.
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Senior Engineer Electrical & Automation and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Damen Naval does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.