Alle Zeeuwse vacaturesStages
Meer dan 32 uur
De Willem Ruysstraat 99
4381 NK Vlissingen
Mevr. Lizzy Visser
+31 (0)118 48 25 20
TECHNICAL SPECIALIST COMPOSITE STRUCTURES (PROJECT BASED)
Damen Naval - Damen Naval, De Willem Ruysstraat 99, Vlissingen
Einddatum: zondag 23 oktober 2022
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
Damen Naval is looking for a Technical Specialist Composite Structures (Project-Based) who can start on short notice on a temporary basis for the duration of a frigate project. During the project you will be supporting the engineering of large naval composite structures from basic engineering up to production start. In the project you will be responsible for the design and validation of large composite structures, including relevant structural and FEM calculations. Calculation aspects are strength, stiffness, vibrations, buckling, fatigue, blast, EMC, producibility, maintainability, etc. In addition to the in-house performed structural analyses, you will review technical documentation provided by the suppliers such as production engineering documents) and subcontractors (calculation reports and trade-off studies).
As Technical Specialist Composite Structures (Project Based), you will:
- Deliver engineering work within time, budget and according to the relevant quality standards.
- Support in non-structural aspects of composite naval structures, such as fire safety, EMC, and outfitting.
- Support the basic and detailed engineering of outsourced engineering packages, design checks and design reviews.
- Support in developing building strategies of large composite structures together with composite manufacturers.
- Responsible for integration of delivered components and systems into ship design in close cooperation with internal departments, suppliers, regulatory bodies, and customer.
- Defend technical solutions and communicates these clearly with stakeholders.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
As Technical Specialist Composite Structures (Project Based), you will need to have:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Naval Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, or Aerospace Engineering.
- Knowledge of and experience in the field of Fibre Reinforced Polymers.
- Experience with FEM modelling and analysis software, such as ANSYS, NX or FEMAP and CAD systems such as 3DX or Catia.
- Good knowledge of English and preferably Dutch, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work when necessary fulltime at our office in Vlissingen
- Competencies: creative within your field, accurate, decisive, and efficient, capable of working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of our projects).
- Permanent EU citizenship and valid EU work visa are both required to be considered as viable candidate.
WHAT WE OFFER
As Damen Naval we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- Interaction with leading technological companies and research institutes in various fields
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Technical Specialist Composite Structures (Project Based), and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal career.damen.com.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.