Alle Zeeuwse vacaturesStages
Meer dan 32 uur
De Willem Ruysstraat 99
4381 NK Vlissingen
Mevr. Lizzy Visser
+31 (0)118 48 25 20
TEAM LEAD TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION (PROJECT BASED)
Damen Naval - Damen Naval, De Willem Ruysstraat 99, Vlissingen
Einddatum: vrijdag 07 juli 2023
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for a Team Lead Technical Documentation who can start on short notice on a temporary basis for the period of two years.
The Team Lead Technical Documentation is responsible for the timely delivery of technical documentation to the customer. These technical documents consist mainly of electronic technical publications such as system operation and maintenance manuals, which are created in accordance with the S1000D specification.
You will work closely with other team members for example technical writers, and subject matter experts, including engineers in various disciplines and customer representatives. Damen Naval is looking for someone who prizes accuracy and thoroughness and would enjoy working in a dynamic environment. The ideal candidate has great communications skills and a collaborative attitude.
The Technical Documentation team is part of the Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) sub-department within the Engineering department of Damen Naval. The Team Lead Technical Documentation falls hierarchically under the Department Manager ILS and reports functionally to the Project Manager ILS of the assigned ship building project.
As Team Lead Technical Documentation (Project Based), you will:
- Author, setup and manage technical publications in a S1000D/XML/Structured environment for Navy programs.
- Lead a team of technical writers and publishers and communicate with internal and external customers about technical documentation deliverables.
- Track document workflow using collaboration tools and align with system suppliers and with third parties in relation to contracted work.
- Be able to identify roadblocks and find solutions.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
As Team Lead Technical Documentation (Project Based), you need to have:
- Technical Bachelor or Master degree combined with at least five years relevant working experience.
- Knowledge of the ILS domain, authoring in XML/SGML and S1000D Specification or DITA.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Relational Databases, preferably a S1000D Common Source Database (CSDB).
- Experience in leading a small or mid-size multifunctional team of documentation specialists and technical writers.
- Good command of the English, and preferably also Dutch language both written & verbal.
- The ability of occasional business travel and working abroad.
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Team Lead Technical Documentation (Project Based), and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.