Alle Zeeuwse vacaturesStages
Meer dan 32 uur
De Willem Ruysstraat 99
4381 NK Vlissingen
Mevr. Emma Keoghan
+31 (0)118 48 25 20
STRUCTURAL ANALYST (INTERIM)
Damen Naval - De Willem Ruysstraat 99, 4381 NK Vlissingen
Einddatum: vrijdag 12 januari 2024
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
For this interim position, Damen Naval is looking for a Structural Analyst who can start on short notice on a temporary basis for a period of one year.
As Structural Analyst you will work in the Naval & Structural group which is part of the Engineering department at Damen Naval. Your team works on project base and is divided over the various projects, in which they contribute to both basic engineering and detailed engineering within their field of expertise.
As Structural Analyst you will make a structural design completed with relevant structural calculations starting from proposal phase up to yard support and delivery of the vessel. From general construction plans up to detailed calculations and integrated foundations will be part of the job. Calculation’s aspects are strength, stiffness, vibrations, buckling, fatigue, military loads such as blast and signatures aspects (for example inboard- and underwater sound), producibility, maintainability, etc. If necessary, FEM calculations must be applied by the Structural Analyst.
As Structural Analyst you will be responsible for the relevant project deliverables from class approval of the structure up to technical meetings with your colleagues and suppliers, class, or client representatives. You will direct the structural engineers in modelling the structure in 3D-CAD ending up with checking drawings and production packages. As Structural Analyst you can be asked to contribute to R&D initiatives on behalf of the Damen Naval structural analysis discipline if needed. Your contribution to the department to secure knowledge and improve internal processes is highly appreciated.
As a Structural Analyst your key responsibilities will include:
- Deliver quality engineering work within time, budget and according to the relevant quality standards.
- Develop and describe standards and working methods.
- Assist in the further improvement and development of processes and methodologies.
- Support the (detailed) engineering of an outsourced engineering package, design checks and design reviews.
- Defend technical solutions and communicates these clearly with stakeholders.
- Ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by Regulatory Bodies and the customer.
- Execute task and role according to the relevant contractual documents and specifications while constantly remaining critical on the content.
- Integrates vendors and subcontractor’s info and perform required technical calculations to validate the design.
- Perform technical evaluations of quotations from suppliers and subcontractors in close cooperation with the purchasing department.
- Responsible for integration of delivered components and systems into ship design in close cooperation with internal departments, supplier, regulatory bodies, and owner.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
As a Structural Analyst, you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Naval Architecture or Mechanical Engineering or candidates with secondary vocational education (MBO-4+) with relevant ship structures experience are invited to apply.
- Minimum of three years of working experience as a Structural Analyst in the shipbuilding and or offshore industry.
- Familiar with ship class calculations and class tools, such as DNV-GL Nauticus Hull, LR-SSC and or BV MARS2000.
- Familiar with FEM modelling and analysis software, such as ANSYS, NX or FEMAP and CAD systems, such as NUPAS (3D), 3DX or Catia.
- Competencies: creative within your field, accurate, decisive, and efficient, capable of working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Good knowledge of English and preferably Dutch, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent references antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship and passport are both required and candidates with NL/EU (work) visa or with both an EU and non-EU nationality and/or passport are not eligible in accordance with the requirements imposed by the military nature of our projects.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Damen Naval, we value our interim team members and strive for a positive and successful collaboration. As an interim professional on secondment basis (detachering) or as a freelancer (ZZP), we offer you the following conditions:
- An attractive rate, ensuring at least equal pay to permanent staff.
- Travel allowance of 21 cents per kilometre.
- Flexibility to work partially from home.
- Challenging and innovative projects.
Are you interested in the interim position of Structural Analyst, kindly submit your application along with your CV and motivation letter. Please state your preferred agreement, secondment (detachering) or freelance (zzp) along with an indication of:
- Secondment: your monthly gross salary based on fulltime work.
- Freelance: your hourly rate.
Please note that due to the military nature of our projects, only candidates who have permanent EU nationality can be considered for vacancies at Damen Naval. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to process candidates who (also) have a non-EU passport or nationality. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1