Alle Zeeuwse vacaturesStages
Techniek, Bouw, installatie
Meer dan 32 uur
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding
De Willem Ruysstraat 99
4381 NK Vlissingen
4380 AN Vlissingen
Mevr. Marion Meertens
+31 118 482632
PROPOSAL ENGINEER ASSET MANAGEMENT
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding - Vlissingen
Einddatum: vrijdag 25 december 2020
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) designs and builds naval vessels for customers all over the world. DSNS is a member of the Damen Shipyards Group, the largest shipbuilding company of the Netherlands, leading at home and abroad. The Damen Shipyards Group grows fast, owns many yards worldwide and offers employees a variety of possibilities for development.
DSNS focuses on selling a number of core products, namely Combatants and Naval Auxiliaries. These products and tenders to customers are brought about by the Products & Proposals Department. Designing, estimating, applying research results and improving our products takes place in a dynamic team, just as supporting marketing and sales in consultation with clients and partners in the Netherlands and abroad.
The Proposal engineer Asset Management plays a leading role in both ship new building proposals for the Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) part of the proposal as well as for Service/Refit proposals for operational naval vessels. This often requires thinking out of the box in the development of the proposals to meet customer requirements and in the long run to increase customer satisfaction and create long standing relations. The Proposal Engineer shall be required to provide insight into enhancements (functional and technical subject matter expertise) to contribute to the development of Asset- & Maintenance Management strategies and therefore improvements in the Life Cycle Management (LCM) of naval vessels.
- Supports and takes ownership of ILS, Service and Refit proposals to drive targeted results for schedule, quality and cost.
- Working in accordance to client specific requirements, DSNS processes and agreements with relevant stakeholders and departments within the company.
- Supports the professionalization of the ILS and Naval Services proposals to maintain and enhance the quality standards.
- Drive new thoughts in approach, process and methodology, while respecting the experiences of the past.
- Ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by the company and the end-users.
- Drafting proposals (specification, cost calculation and price) for the Proposal Engineer is day-to-day work.
- Actively obtains information about (new) developments in the field of Asset Management, (Smart) Maintenance and Life Cycle Management, as well as ILS methods and products for complex maritime (naval) assets and is a serious discussion partner for the internal organization, customers and suppliers on these subjects.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Relevant technical study at BSc. Level (mechanical, electrical or maintenance engineering, operational technique, (maritime) asset management, shipbuilding, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience of maintenance and/or operational asset management gained in the defense or within a complex technical environment.
- Integrated Logistic Support methodologies experience in the naval domain is considered a plus.
- The ability to build coalitions internally and with other (inter)national Damen entities and/or external suppliers and customers to achieve common goals.
- Experience in producing (technical/financial) proposals, preferable in de field of maintenance and/or ILS is considered a plus.
- Good command of English language (written & verbal).
- Willingness to travel and to follow additional training and education in the field of expertise.
- Good communication skills and driven to work in multi-disciplinary, (inter)national proposal- and project teams.
WHAT WE OFFER
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment;
- A competitive salary package & other benefit;
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports