Alle Zeeuwse vacaturesStages
Techniek, Bouw, installatie
Meer dan 32 uur
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding
De Willem Ruysstraat 99
4381 NK Vlissingen
4380 AN Vlissingen
Mevr. Marion Meertens
+31 118 482632
SPECIFICATION ENGINEER VALVES & FITTINGS
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding - Vlissingen
Einddatum: vrijdag 13 november 2020
The Marine & Propulsion department within Engineering is responsible for the design, specification, selection and integration of all mechanical systems on board our vessels. These mechanical systems are based upon Client requirements, rules & regulations and are engineered in close cooperation with suppliers, co-makers and other departments.
The Marine & Propulsion department is part of the Engineering Department.
The main activities within this department are:
- System Design and creation of P&ID’s for auxiliary systems
- Integration of the complete propulsion train
- Integration of the HVAC installation
- Design, specification and integration of purchased parts or systems
- 3D arrangements of technical spaces (incl. maintenance aspects)
- 3D routing of piping, ducting and cabling in a CAD environment
- Support to the building yard from production till delivery of the vessel
Within the department P&ID and PFD diagrams are designed that describe and integrate the systems into the ship. The diagrams show the components (valves and fitting) used and how they function in the process. Because we build large complex ships we use a large number of these components with a high complexity and variety. Therefore we are looking for an engineer that is willing to specialise in the selection, specification and documentation of these components. The Specification Engineer Valves & Fittings will be a specialist in this field within the department. You will be consulting and supporting the purchasing department on technical matters. Furthermore you support your colleagues on the yard during the building process of our vessels.
- Selection and specification of process components such as valves and fittings. The specification will include a description of the automation and operation where applicable. The selection of the components is to be based upon ship-specification, standards, norms and, in discussion, stakeholders. The components will be included in our marine propulsion & auxiliary systems.
- Determination of the correct components features and materials of housings and internals of the components to comply with the requirements derived from piping materials and dimensions.
- Entry of all relevant specification data into our data-management system.
- Writing technical specifications for requests for quotations (rfq’s) and orders.
- Technical evaluation of received supplier quotations.
- Consulting with purchasing on the correctness of aforementioned technical specifications.
- Corresponding with suppliers and other stakeholders in either Dutch and/or English.
- Support in finding solutions to technical issues, if needed in communication with other specialists (external/internal).
- Witnessing FAT’s (factory acceptance tests) at suppliers.
- Guiding and instructing colleagues in assembly and commissioning.
- Prioritisation on actions to be executed.
- Maintaining procedures and regulations.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Intermediate Vocational Education with experience or BSc degree in mechanical engineering, marine engineering/process technology or petrochemical industry.
- Able to read P&ID diagrams.
- Knowledge of piping systems valves and fittings.
- Preferably some experience in similar word as P&ID designer/draftsman or process engineer.
- Affinity with subject matter.
- Good verbal and written proficiency in Dutch and English.
- Car Drivers licence.
- Willing to travel on occasion and carry out work in other countries.
WHAT WE OFFER
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package & other benefits.
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Want to apply?
Send us your CV with motivation via the solliciteer-button underneath.
Due to summer holidays, the application procedure may take longer than usual. We appreciate your understanding and will get back to you after the holidays.