Alle Zeeuwse vacaturesStages
Techniek, Bouw, installatie
Meer dan 32 uur
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding
De Willem Ruysstraat 99
4381 NK Vlissingen
4380 AN Vlissingen
Mevr. Marion Meertens
+31 118 482632
MANAGER COMBAT SYSTEMS
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding - Vlissingen
Einddatum: vrijdag 13 november 2020
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS), established in Vlissingen has a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding with its original navy roots stemming back more than 140 years. At that time the Royal Schelde shipyard, based in Vlissingen in the Netherlands, was known worldwide for its quality shipbuilding, both in the naval and commercial sector.
For more than 50 years DSNS has in fact been the dedicated shipbuilder of the Royal Netherlands Navy and we have worked alongside the Royal Netherlands Navy on the design, engineering and construction of eight generations of combatants, as well as amphibious vessels and naval auxiliaries. Based on decades of experience Damen now offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7 m to more than 200 m.
The Combat Systems department has an integral task within Engineering. The department accommodates the extensive and specialist knowledge of naval Sensor, Weapon and Command systems with the ultimate objective of successful installation and optimal functioning of these systems on board. To achieve this goal, the department is involved throughout the entire process, from tendering to the final product. This characterizes the department as technical with a commercial mindset.
Provides overall leadership for the Combat System (CS) department. Is responsible for the concept, design and delivery of the Combat system engineering services. Provides high quality guidance and coordination to key suppliers in combat (management) systems and all activities related to new build combat systems, maintenance or refits in above water and underwater sensor systems, weapon, command and control systems. Supports full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by the customer. This results into a full integration of these systems into a full naval combat suite.
- Develop operating plans that reflect the longer & mid-term objectives and priorities and drive new ideas in approach, process and methodology for the combat system group.
- Manage the department resource planning and assure all project teams can be manned with the required capabilities.
- Manage day-to-day work, as well as long-term planning of the CS engineering department into a productive & cohesive team.
- Ensure delivery of high quality CS engineering products to drive targeted results for schedule, quality and cost.
- Develop and implement all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that the combat group achieve their business objectives.
- Increase the overall performance of the CS department as evidenced by lower cost, high quality solutions provided on-time.
- Build coalitions internally and with other (inter)national Damen entities and/or external strategic suppliers to achieve common goals.
- Measure and drive internal performance for all aspects of the CS department.
- Ensure that the department objectives and standards (including HSEQ) are understood and owned by the team members.
- Ensure disciplined proposal evaluation support with a process, technical evaluation and cost/price analysis.
- Participate in cross-functional design reviews and approvals with project teams and suppliers.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Master degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or other relevant technical study at M.Sc. level.
- An understanding of financial management and wider management principles and techniques.
- Experience in manufacture & subcontract management of complex (combat) management systems.
- Expertise in a variety of engineering concepts and practices.
- Experience in engineering & integration of (combat management) systems preferable for complex new built ships in Netherlands and foreign shipyards.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language (written and verbal).
WHAT WE OFFER
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment;
- A competitive salary package & other benefits;
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Want to apply?
Send us your CV with motivation via the solliciteer-button underneath.
Due to summer holidays, the application procedure may take longer than usual. We appreciate your understanding and will get back to you after the holidays.