Alle Zeeuwse vacaturesStages
Techniek, Bouw, installatie
Meer dan 32 uur
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding
De Willem Ruysstraat 99
4381 NK Vlissingen
4380 AN Vlissingen
Mevr. Marion Meertens
+31 118 482632
TEAM LEADER MECHANICAL SYSTEMS
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding - Vlissingen
Einddatum: vrijdag 13 november 2020
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) specializes in design and construction of Marine vessels for the Royal Dutch Navy as well as various other clients worldwide. DSNS is part of Damen Shipyards Group, the largest Dutch shipyard that definines shipbuilding all over the world. DSNS has 450 employees and is based on a modern and innovative engineering department consisting of 120 highly skilled engineers who are responsible for design, basic- and detail engineering for all Marine vessels built in Flushing as well as various other Damen Shipyards built vessels.
Responsible for the design and integration for one of the disciplines; PI&D’s, Piping, Standardization, Technical Arrangements or Technical Specifications, within the Marine & Propulsion Department for projects throughout the engineering. Can be involved from the pre-Basic Engineering phase in the project to setup a solid work break down and planning structure for all tasks that belong to that discipline. During the basic engineering of the project, leads a team of several (senior) Engineers in order to deliver the required engineering output. During the detailed engineering of the project leads a multi-disciplinary team, or controls the outsourced detailed engineering package. Will be ultimately responsible for the desired quality, timely delivery and reporting to the Project Manager Engineering. Coordinates these team activities with regard to quality, planning, and man-hours.
- Leads a Marine & Propulsion engineering team during the basic engineering of shipbuilding projects. i.e. P&ID’s, Yard Standards, Technical Arrangements, Technical Specifications or
- Leads a multi-disciplinary team during the detailed engineering, I.e. Piping, fabrication/mounting information, or
- Controls the detailed engineering for the Piping Discipline of a outsourced detailed engineering package.
- Advices on the composition of the Work Break Down structures and assignment of man-hour budgets.
- Takes care of the right quality and timely delivery of engineering deliverables to the Project Manager Engineering.
- Contributes to the engineering process by developing and reviewing the required deliverables, such as functional descriptions, P&ID’s, technical specifications , Regulatory Bodies drawings, arrangements , fabrication/mounting drawings and lists.
- Takes care (execute or supervise) of the engineering team activities within the 2D en 3D environments, such as Cadmatic or Catia.
- Verifies technical data and ensures integration of vendors and subcontractors info.
- Performs technical analysis on received offers, in close cooperation with the Purchase department.
- Participates in project progress meetings (i.e. Teamleader meeting).
- Monitors and controls man-hours spent and supports progress reports to the Project Manager Engineering.
- Ensures full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by Regulatory Bodies and the customer.
- Contributes to the further development of the M&P Engineering department;
- Develops and describe standards and working methods.
- Ensure all HSEQ policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned, maintained and followed to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Professional education on technical Bachelor level: related to the Mechanical discipline.
- Minimum of five (5) year experience in the engineering of Mechanical systems.
- Vast experience and broad knowledge of Mechanical systems, preferably in ships or offshore installations.
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD-systems such as Cadmatic 3D or Catia.
- Able to structure work packages of the team and realize the work according to the planning and man-hour budgets.
- Realize the work according to the planning and man-hour budgets.
- Experienced to lead a mid-size (Engineering) team up to 10 people.
- Experienced with Class- and Statutory rules and regulations.
- Experienced in Good Engineering Practices, including quality and budget awareness.
- Experienced to cooperate with vendors and subcontractors.
- Good command of the English language (written and verbal).
- Ability to frequently travel long distances and work abroad.
WHAT WE OFFER
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package & other benefits.
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Want to apply?
Send us your CV with motivation via the solliciteer-button underneath.
Due to summer holidays, the application procedure may take longer than usual. We appreciate your understanding and will get back to you after the holidays.