Alle Zeeuwse vacaturesStages
Techniek, Bouw, installatie
Design, Creatie, Journalistiek
Tijdelijk: uitzicht op vast
Meer dan 32 uur
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding
De Willem Ruysstraat 99
4381 NK Vlissingen
4380 AN Vlissingen
Mevr. Marion Meertens
+31 118 482632
DESIGN & PROPOSAL ENGINEER SUPERYACHTS
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding - Vlissingen
Einddatum: donderdag 05 november 2020
At Damen Yachting, we proudly build and refit the very best Amels superyachts, Damen SeaXplorer expedition yachts and Damen Yacht Support vessels for our clients to enjoy the finest moments in life. We are a Dutch family-owned yacht builder and proud of our long pedigree of craftsmanship. From our locations in Vlissingen in the Netherlands and Gdynia in Poland, our strong team of approximately 450 yacht building professionals is the foundation of our successful growth. Together with hundreds of specialist co-makers, we deliver what we promise with unrivalled knowhow and a passion for innovation. Damen Yachting is the yachting division of the Damen Shipyards Group, the world’s leading specialist ship builder, which operates 35 yards globally with 12,000 employees.
The Design and Proposal Engineer is responsible for integrated yacht design of semi-custom and custom built yachts and associated with that also able to support the sales team with the necessary sales documentation and technical advice.
The D&P Engineer supports detailed engineering and production with knowledge and design standards and he/she contributes to Research and Innovation of new developments.
- As a Design & proposal Engineer you are responsible for the integrated design of semi-custom and custom built yachts.
- The integrated design is reflected in a Product Definition Package (PDP), where all disciplines (Naval Architecture, Shipbuilding, Mechanical, Electrical, Interior) of a yacht design are incorporated.
- Liaises during the design process with the Owners Team.
- Establishes the General Arrangements and the technical specifications.
- Hands over the PDP to our Engineering Department and supports and consolidates the PDP in the engineering- and fabrication process.
- Establishes with subcontractors and suppliers the optimum solutions for a yacht design
- Synchronises matters and information with the exterior and interior architects
- Sets standards for naval architecture/mechanical engineering and keeps these standards up to date.
- Safeguards rules and Regulations of Class and Flag state.
- Sets standards for cost calculations and quotations and keeps these standards up to date.
- Develops presentations and commercial documents, provides for commercial information such as General Arrangements, specifications, budget information and delivery schedules.
- Supports sales colleagues during sales visits and meetings and is able to translate client demands into feasible technical solutions.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor or Master degree preferably in the area of shipbuilding, alternatively a technical degree with relevant experience gained in the ship (preferably yacht) building industry.
- In-depth understanding of naval architecture, construction, mechanical disciplines, regulations and other aspects of ship building, preferably obtained in a yacht building environment.
- At least 5 years relevant experience.
- Leadership skills, team player, critical but constructive attitude, creative and an innovator/improver.
- A good command of the English language.
- Comfortable with relevant design and drafting tools such as AutoCAD.
- A hands on mentality, not afraid of executing challenging tasks yourself.
WHAT WE OFFER
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment;
- A competitive salary package & other benefit;
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports
Want to apply?
Send us your CV with motivation via the “solliciteer-button” underneath.