Alle Zeeuwse vacaturesStages
Meer dan 32 uur
Nouvall Engineering Services
Oostelijk Bolwerk 7
4531 GP Terneuzen
+31 (0)115 820 202
Specification Engineer Interior
Nouvall Engineering Services - Vlisingen
Einddatum: woensdag 14 oktober 2020
Nouvall Engineering Services is gespecialiseerd in projectondersteuning voor de (petro)chemische Industrie. Wij leveren hierin expertise op het gebied van Engineering, Project Management, Maintenance, Shutdowns, Construction en Safety.
For one of our clients in the province Zeeland we are looking for a Specification Engineer Interior.
The role: You will work on a broad variety of tasks in the field of Interior, such as accommodation, insulation, floor covering, various ship-specific living and working spaces, etc. You Can be involved from the first proposal until final delivery. Works in a team of several engineers and implements technical and practical knowledge into the design and takes care all relevant data is stored accurately in the PDM-system.
Contributes to the engineering process by developing the required deliverables, such as (technical) specification documents, functional descriptions and test/validation plans, and by reviewing supplier documentation.
- Setting up of (functional) technical specifications for suppliers and subcontractors based upon customer and design requirements.
- Performs technical evaluations of quotations from suppliers and subcontractors in close cooperation with the purchasing department.
- Ensures full compliance to all applicable requirements imposed by customer and regulatory bodies.
- Engages in technical discussions to achieve comparable levels of compliancy for competing suppliers of the same product/system; (providing a good starting point for the commercial negotiation).
- Can defend technical solutions and communicate these with stakeholders.
- Acquisition and review of supplier engineering information/documentation; (i.e. arrangement and detailed drawings, calculations, diagrams, etc.).
- Responsible for integration of delivered components/systems into ship design in close cooperation with internal departments, supplier, regulatory bodies and owner.
- Performs required technical calculations to validate the design.
- Composes technical/functional specification documents.
- Verifies technical performance of products and systems; (i.e. inspection of equipment at supplier premises, FAT’s).
- Offers technical support for commissioning activities.
- Participates in design checks and reviews in order to guarantee the required quality.
Skills & experience:
- Bachelor level education related to the Interior design discipline or proven work skills based upon experience.
- Knowledge of interior systems, preferably in ships or offshore installations.
- Quality, planning and budget awareness.
- Able to work with and manage third-party vendors and subcontractors.
- Preferably two years’ experience in engineering of interior systems.
- Preferably experience with Regulatory bodies.
- Proficiency in Dutch & English language written as well as verbal.
- Willingness to travel and work abroad.
UItstekende arbeidsvoorwaarden. Zie onze website!
Via onze eigen website.