Alle Zeeuwse vacaturesStages
Techniek, Bouw, installatie
Tijdelijk: uitzicht op vast
Meer dan 32 uur
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding
De Willem Ruysstraat 99
4381 NK Vlissingen
4380 AN Vlissingen
Mevr. Marion Meertens
+31 118 482632
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding - Vlissingen
Einddatum: vrijdag 11 december 2020
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS), established in Vlissingen has a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding with its original navy roots stemming back more than 145 years. At that time the Royal Schelde shipyard, based in Vlissingen in the Netherlands, was known worldwide for its quality shipbuilding, both in the naval and commercial sector.
Over the decades the emphasis on quality continued and in 2001 Damen Shipyards Group acquired Royal Schelde along with all of its subsidiaries. Following the acquisition, Damen then introduced its unique, standardised modular construction concept in Vlissingen too, allowing us to offer very fast delivery times.
We have delivered more than 400 vessels since 1875 to satisfied customers all over the world and have earned a reputation for excellence along the way. We have achieved this status by producing vessels that have a lifespan that far exceeds the average by offering cutting-edge technology and the most cost efficient design solutions.
Prepares estimates for new projects. Collects and analyses data in order to estimate project costs and man hours required. Calculates, analyzes, and adjusts estimates and recommends ways to reduce costs. Maintains records of estimated and actual costs.
- Reviews offered specifications of budgets in collaboration with the Proposal Engineer and on the basis of project specifications.
- Requests for manhour costs for projects at internal departments.
- Assesses quotations from suppliers and manhour costs offered by departments.
- Sets up and fills a database with key figures and with technical and purchasing information.
- Drafts integral budgets for quotations for new constructions and refit projects, within the set rules and procedures.
- Identifies missing information and possibilities for cost reduction.
- Analyzes actual incurred costs in projects from which key figures can be generated.
- Works with stakeholders through the project process to achieve market competitive project pricing. This includes coordinating with the purchasing department and providing support to commercial colleagues by providing expert knowledge in the field of both calculation and ship building developments.
- Contributes to the further development of the P&P department.
- Ensure HSEQ policies and procedures are understood and followed to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor degree in a technical relevant field (i.e. naval architecture, mechanical engineering or another relevant technical study) or a secondary vocational technical education with extensive experience in cost estimation.
- Experience in budgeting and planning in capital goods. Having experience in the shipbuilding industry is considered a plus.
- Up-to-date awareness of sector trends and activities, covering not only calculation, but the wider ship building industry is considered a plus.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language (written and verbal).
- Open to travel long distances and work abroad.
WHAT WE OFFER
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package & other benefit.
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.