Alle Zeeuwse vacaturesStages
Techniek, Bouw, installatie
Design, Creatie, Journalistiek
Tijdelijk: uitzicht op vast
Meer dan 32 uur
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding
De Willem Ruysstraat 99
4381 NK Vlissingen
4380 AN Vlissingen
Mevr. Marion Meertens
+31 118 482632
DESIGN ENGINEER ASSET MANAGEMENT
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding - Vlissingen
Einddatum: vrijdag 11 december 2020
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS), established in Vlissingen has a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding with its original navy roots stemming back more than 145 years. At that time the Royal Schelde shipyard, based in Vlissingen in the Netherlands, was known worldwide for its quality shipbuilding, both in the naval and commercial sector.
Over the decades the emphasis on quality continued and in 2001 Damen Shipyards Group acquired Royal Schelde along with all of its subsidiaries. Following the acquisition, Damen then introduced its unique, standardised modular construction concept in Vlissingen too, allowing us to offer very fast delivery times.
We have delivered more than 400 vessels since 1875 to satisfied customers all over the world and have earned a reputation for excellence along the way. We have achieved this status by producing vessels that have a lifespan that far exceeds the average by offering cutting-edge technology and the most cost efficient design solutions.
The Design Engineer Asset Management plays a supporting role in both ship new building proposals for the Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) part of the proposal as well as for Service/Refit proposals for operational naval vessels. This means that the Design Engineer performs (sub) product development in the field of Asset- & Maintenance Management strategies and Life Cycle Management (LCM) of naval vessels. Acting under the direction of the Product Manager and indications of the Proposal Engineer, the Design Engineer writes reports, technical specifications and performs reliability/availability calculations and life cycle cost calculations.
- Performs design and proposal activities of ILS, Service and Refit proposals in consultation with the proposal engineer.
- Writes (request-) specifications for equipment suppliers, (parts of -) specifications, supply support lists, reports and presentations.
- Ensures a timely and effective communication with all relevant stakeholders so that input can be included in the specialized calculations.
- Working in accordance to client specific requirements, DSNS processes and agreements with relevant stakeholders and departments within the company.
- Supports the professionalization of the ILS and Naval Services proposals to maintain and enhance the quality standards.
- Drive new thoughts in approach, process and methodology, while respecting the experiences of the past and is well informed about (new) market and technological developments in the field of expertise.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Relevant technical study at BSc. Level (mechanical, electrical or maintenance engineering, operational technique, (maritime) asset management, shipbuilding, etc.).
- The ability to build coalitions internally and externally to achieve common goals.
- Good command of English language (written and verbal).
- Expertise and experiences in a variety of logistic/maintenance support concepts and life cycle cost, reliability, availability calculations is considered a plus.
- Integrated Logistic Support methodologies experience in the naval domain is considered a plus.
- Willingness to travel and to follow additional training and education in the field of expertise.
- Good communication skills and driven to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
WHAT WE OFFER
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package & other benefit.
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.