Alle Zeeuwse vacaturesStages
Marketing, PR, Communicatie
16 tot 24 uur
University College Roosevelt
Lange Noordstraat 1
4331 CB Middelburg
Mevr. Hanan Abdenbi
Content and Social Media Officer
University College Roosevelt - Middelburg
Einddatum: donderdag 31 december 2020
As the Content and Social Media Officer you will be an integral part of Communications office, working closely with all of your colleagues. Your day-to-day activities and responsibilities will focus on University College Roosevelt’s digital marketing and social media content.
Typically, you will:
• Initiate and execute projects to enhance UCR’s online presence through the creation of engaging social content and the management of all social media channels; • Create synergy between social media projects and those relating to our events, student life, teaching, research and recruitment activities; • Share your ideas, engage with students, faculty and external stakeholders; • Be exceptionally creative with a hands-on approach to your work; and • Be proactive by creating room for central as well as your own initiatives.
You will be part of UCR’s Communications, Recruitment and Admissions Office, consisting of the Department Head, Coordinator for Global Student Recruitment and Admissions, Recruitment Officer, Communications & Events Officer, CMS & CRM Officer, and SIREE Communications Officer.
The team is responsible for UCR’s brand building, marketing, national and international student recruitment, institution-wide events, as well as internal and external communications. You will be working very closely with the Communications & Events and the CMS & CRM officers. You will report formally to the Head of Communications, Recruitment and Admissions.
Your day-to-day activities may include:
• Social media: Execute and continuously improve the university’s social media strategy, as set by the department. • Content creation: Create catchy, original and engaging digital content that boosts our online presence and engagement. • Content management: Manage a comprehensive content calendar across web and social platforms to ensure visibility, reach and audience growth. • Analytics: Produce weekly and monthly reports of social media and web performance, continuously looking for possible improvements and adjustments in the strategy. • Community engagement: Build strong relationships with current students, faculty and staff to engage the whole community and drive internal-to-external engagement. • Social media monitoring: Manage the social media monitoring process and coordinate responses and care activities as and when needed. • Social media ambassador: Encourage, enthuse, advise, train and support faculty and staff to support and build on our centrally managed social media activities. • Innovation: Initiate and implement new projects to improve UCR’s global social media presence. • Online marketing campaigns: Support the Communications and Events Officer to prepare, execute and evaluate paid social media marketing campaigns across different channels, both nationally as well as internationally. • Support: Provide operational support related to other projects within the team.
To excel in this role, we’re looking for someone who has:
• A degree at BA/BSc level, or higher (or will soon be graduating with); • Broad, hands-on and up-to-date knowledge of digital marketing and social media; • A minimum of three years of work experience in digital marketing and social media management with proven results; • Demonstrable experience in creating and delivering digital content, suitable for web and social media (having examples or a portfolio will be an advantage); • The ability to connect with, think along with and work with a diverse and ambitious team; • The ability to work under pressure, and manage multiple requests simultaneously whilst not loosing sight of the end goal; • A high level of accuracy and exceptional attention to detail; • The ability to plan, set priorities and meet very strict deadlines; • Exceptional communication skills and a flawless command of English (native or near-native level); • Experience with content creation tools such as: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, InDesign, and Canva; and • Experience with social media management, analytics and evaluation tools (knowledge of HubSpot is preferred and will be an advantage).
The ideal candidate is also:
• Available throughout the week on a part-time basis (24 hours per week) • Creative and proactive; • A strong team player; • Hands-on, flexible and adaptive; • Experienced in working with students as well as academics; and • Knowledgeable about how universities function.
Conditions of employment
UCR initially offers a contract for a year with the intention to extend this based on satisfactory performance and available budget. The employment contract is for 0.6fte (i.e. 24 hours per week). Interviews are planned to take place between 7 and 18 December 2020.
Salary will be based on VSNU salary scales in the range of scale 8 varying from € 2.656,- to € 3.548,- (fulltime appointment) based on knowledge and experience. Commuting expenses within the Netherlands will be partly reimbursed.
Furthermore, UCR offers attractive secondary benefits according to the Collective Labor Agreement Dutch Universities, such as
• End of Year Bonus (8.3%) • Holiday allowance (8%) • ABP Pension arrangement • Multiple choices model • Holiday leave hours of 232 per year based on fulltime employment (38 hours/week)
Are you just as excited about this position as we are? We’d love to receive your application. Please send a cover letter and resume no later than 6 December 2020 to Erica Blaak via the "Solliciteren" button underneath.