Alle Zeeuwse vacaturesStages
Docent - HBO Onderwijs
24 tot 32 uur
HZ University of Applied Sciences
4382 NW Vlissingen
4380 AJ Vlissingen
Afdeling Personeel & Organisatieontwikkeling
0118 - 489000
Lecturer International Business
HZ University of Applied Sciences
Einddatum: vrijdag 29 januari 2021
Being a lecturer isn't something you do, it is who you are
Being a lecturer goes beyond just passing on knowledge. Students can always rely on you, and you are right at home in a coaching role. You will use your knowledge, skills and enthusiasm to train students to become pioneering, innovative and driven professionals. You accomplish that by:
- teaching within your fields of expertise;
- guiding and coaching students in their study career, internships and graduation;
- contributing to the organisation and development of the team;
- actively participating in various student-centred projects and responsibilities.
Your job as lecturer International Business
Proud. Inspired. Forward-looking. These are words that characterise you in your work for the International Business programme. You feel proud when you see the development of your students. You are inspired by the visions of your international students and colleagues and by the great impact of the field. You contribute to the substantial development of the programme in a future-oriented way.
Together with your teaching and research colleagues and together with the international professional field, you will work on the best possible learning climate for the students of the study programme.
Do you have it in you? Do you want to help students realise their dreams of a career in international business? Are you characterized by people in your environment as an approachable colleague and an ambitious professional? Do you feel at home in an internationally working environment and is your English excellent? Then apply for the vacancy Lecturer of International Business at HZ University of Applied Sciences.
Working at HZ University of Applied Sciences: the personal university
With 4,800 students, 500 employees and 25 higher professional education programmes, HZ University of Applied Sciences (HZ) in Zeeland is a small, personal university. We offer bachelor's programmes, (transition) courses, a master's programme, master classes, postgraduate programmes and associate degrees. Working at HZ means working in a lively environment where no two days are the same, where the lecturers know their students' names, and where the lines of communication are short. Whether you work as a lecturer, concierge, marketing employee, IT specialist, HR advisor or financial manager, together with your colleagues, you will form a team of professionals who prepare our students for the (international) job market. And did you know that we've been named one of the top 3 best colleges in the Netherlands for years?
It is in your DNA
Students are not just numbers to you. With your experience in the field of financial management, economics, marketing & sales, business law or supply chain management you can inspire students. You are willing to invest in gaining transferable knowledge and skills in the fields you do not yet master. In addition to focusing on the students' learning process, you also keep your eye on the outside world. You want to keep your teaching practice connected to professional practice. In addition, you have:
- completed a relevant master's degree;
- broad knowledge and work experience in a related industry;
- experience in teaching in a practice-oriented environment;
- an open style of communication;
- knowledge and skills in digital education or the capacity to develop these is a very short time;
- a can-do attitude with strong personal leadership skills;
- an eagerness to learn more every day;
- a broad network in the professional field;
- fluent English in speaking and writing.
Grow with us
We believe that future-proof education starts with our employees. That is why we offer you a lively working environment, along with:
- a temporary assignment for 1 year. The renewal of this appointment depends on personal performance and formative space;
- a gross monthly salary between € 2.845,48 and € 5026,85 for full-time employment (salary scale 10 or 11 as depending on education and experience);
- an end of year bonus, holiday allowance and possibly an allowance for travel expenses;
- opportunities to work on your personal and professional development;
- freedom and independence in your work;
- support in obtaining a teaching qualification if you do not yet have one. You do not need a teaching qualification to work as a higher professional education lecturer, but you must be prepared to obtain this qualification and invest in your expertise as a lecturer.
Do you also believe that future-proof education starts with you? Then react and apply before 29 January 2021, via the application button. If you wish to make an informal enquiry please contact Paul van ‘t Veer, team lead, telephone: +31 6 82 15 96 29.
The job interviews are scheduled in the week of 22 – 26 February. Providing a guest lesson, possible online, is part of the procedure.
It goes without saying that we carefully observe the guidelines and regulations of the government regarding covid-19.
Recruitment for this vacancy is not appreciated