Alle Zeeuwse vacaturesStages
Meer dan 32 uur
Nouvall Engineering Services
Oostelijk Bolwerk 7
4531 GP Terneuzen
+31 (0)115 820 202
Civil structural Engineer
Nouvall Engineering Services - Zeeland
Einddatum: zaterdag 13 februari 2021
Nouvall Engineering Services is specialized in project support for the (petro) chemical and maritime industry. We provide expertise in the field of Engineering, Project Management, Maintenance, Shutdowns, Construction and Safety.
This role is predominately responsible for civil/structural design (i.e., Structural Steel, Concrete Foundations, Piling, Pipe Supports, etc). The successful candidate will function mainly as a lead engineer on small to intermediate sized projects (up to $10MM) at a variety of plants at the Terneuzen Site. He / She will supervise designers to develop and assemble contract packages in accordance with the project schedule. The successful candidate will be expected to quickly learn and effectively apply the design tools, work processes, standards, and best practices. The candidate is also expected to drive productivity and performance improvements.
• Lead projects and work well in a team environment, with good communication skills.
• Assist with the Scope development during FEL/Project Definition Phase
• Develop Civil Design Packages using SP3D modeling software as well as Microstation.
• Create all required project documentation, including Civil Drawings, Demolition Photo Documents, Civil Job Instructions, etc.
• Working knowledge of Discipline standards and practices
• Provide overall responsibility for Code compliance and Structural Steel connection approval
• Work independently and / or lead projects utilizing multiple Civil Designers, interfacing with construction, manufacturing and maintenance personnel, other engineering disciplines, EPC’s, vendors, and suppliers as needed
• Has a strong working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of tools
• Create electronic drawings to scale indicating coordinates, dimensions, material specifications, and other standard information
• Ability to plan and organize work effectively to meet Project milestones
• Self-starter with high initiative, effective oral, written and electronic communication skills
• Archive and retrieve drawings using archive tools.
• Plot drawings and organize packages according to package standards before delivering to client.
• Has an understanding of design package standards.
• Support Civil Construction activities with clarification and/or technical support
• Support of Plant Operations and Maintenance as needed.
• Optimize resources and allocation
• Monitor discipline performance and identify gap closure plans
• Drive performance improvements for the discipline.
• Bachelor of Science in Civil/Structural Engineering is required
• Master of Science in Civil/Structural Engineering is preferred
• A minimum of 5-10 years civil/structural engineering experience is required on capital/expense projects
• Prior experience in the Chemical, Petrochemical, Oil and Gas, or Energy industry is preferred.
• Ability to work with a wide variety of personnel, including other detail design disciplines and personnel from diverse cultures.
• Proficient use of Civil Engineering Design tools is required.
• Excellent communication (written and oral in English) and interpersonal skills
• Strong team player
• Experience in managing priorities and timelines simultaneously
Competitive employment package.
Via our website.